We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy. You will only receive unsolicited marketing communications from us if you have consented and can opt-out of receiving them at any time. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Where you have provided CONSENT
We may use and process your personal information for the following purposes where you have consented for us to do so:
- to contact you via email with marketing information about our business (see ‘Marketing’ for further details);
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information by contacting us using the email address provided here or ‘unsubscribing’ using the link provided on our marketing emails. If you have a registered account on our Site, this can be done by changing your Profile settings from within your account.
- Where necessary for us to carry out PRE-CONTRACT STEPS you have requested or for the performance of our CONTRACT
We will use your personal information where this is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to carry out any pre-contract steps you’ve asked us to so that you can enter into that contract, for the following purposes:
- to register and set you up as a Fundraiser or Cause on our Site;
- to publish details of your pledges (unless you choose to pledge anonymously), your projects and the rewards you wish to offer;
- to process your donations and share your details with our payment processors so that payments can be made from you;
- Where necessary to comply with our LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- to keep a record relating to the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information;
- to perform anti-money laundering and related checks where the law requires these;
- to anonymise, pseudonymise and destroy your personal information in accordance with our retention policies and data protection law;
- to handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services we provide.
- Where necessary for us to pursue a LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brand and activities and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- for analysis and insight conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance and your visitor experience;
- to tailor and personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes;
- Processing necessary for us to support our Causes , Donors and Fundraisers with their enquiries
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us.
Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and the needs of our guests and visitors
- to analyse, evaluate and improve our Site and other services so that your visit and use of our Site, fundraising support and other services and social media pages, are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it does not identify you personally);
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- to administer our Site and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as an account holder or visitor;
- for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access, including to archive, destroy, pseudonymise or anonymise your personal information;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- for the purposes of corporate restructure or reorganisation or sale of our business or assets;
- for efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems, for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we hold about you;
- to enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings;
- to inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies; and
- for other general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
Causes may send marketing communications to Fundraisers and Donors where the user has provided consent. Any communications they send using these details will be sent solely based on their decisions and for which they will be acting as the controller of your personal information. See ‘How do Causes (Charities and Non-Profits) use your data?’ below for further information.
If you selected to sign up to the idonate.ie Newsletter we will use your personal information when sending newsletters. You may opt out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any newsletter email or by contacting us directly using the email provided in this Notice.