WordPress Donation Plugin
Donate Now Plugin for WordPress Sites
We have put in place a WordPress Donation Plugin which allows you to accept donations on your website using iDonate.
The plugin is very easy to install and integrate. No coding, No SSL & No costly merchant account are required.
Installing the Plugin
- Firstly, click on the Download image to the right and download the plugin from WordPress.org. Or, install directly via you WordPress control panel -> plugins page.
Search for “iDonate.ie Donate Now”
- Activate the plugin.
- Finally, go to Donate Now to create Shortcodes for use on pages or code snippets for use in templates.
Using the Plugin
The WordPress donation plugin gives iDonate members the ability to setup various donation types, for example:
- Single Gift
- Monthly Gift
- Fixed Amount Gift
- In WordPress, Select Donate Now from left menu.
- Enter your Charity ID. This is the number in your profile URL e.g. https://www.idonate.ie/171_sample-charity.html
- Upload a Donate now button.
- Optional – Choose to Hide the Tax rebate info.
- An Optional – Force Fixed Amount on Donation Form.
- Optional – Force Monthly Gift Option.
- Click Create Shortcode – this will save the details above and create a unique shortcode in “Shortcode / Code Snippets” section on the same page.
- Copy the Shortcode e.g. [donate-now id_page_key = 1] and insert where you want donate now button to appear.
Finally, for any issues please contact [email protected]